- Oxfordshire Plan 2050
In 2018, the Oxfordshire authorities signed the Oxfordshire Housing and Growth Deal with the government, securing guaranteed funding for affordable housing, infrastructure and economic growth in Oxfordshire.
As part of this deal, the Oxfordshire authorities have agreed to produce a plan for the whole of the county, which will guide development in the area up to the year 2050.
Like the Strategy Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) produced in 2014, the Joint Statutory Spatial Plan (JSSP) will identify the number of new market and affordable homes, the level of economic growth and related infrastructure that is needed across Oxfordshire, but it will do more than that.
The JSSP’s strategic policies will cover the following matters:
- County wide housing targets
- Affordable housing requirements
- Identification of strategic growth areas
- Strategic housing trajectory
- Gypsy, Traveller and boat dwellers, needs and distribution
- County wide employment growth figures
- The spatial dimension of the Local Industrial Strategy
- Retail hierarchy
- Green Belt strategy and policies
- Biodiversity and natural environment
- Placemaking and built environment
- Health and wellbeing
- Green infrastructure
- Strategic environmental allocations
- Transport strategy
- Infrastructure strategy
- Energy framework
The first consultation
considers the issues that the Oxfordshire Plan should deal with, a vision for the plan and a series of objectives and aspirations to guide the plan to 2050. It commences on 11 February 2019 and will run for a 6 week period until 25 March 2019.
You can respond to this consultation in a number of ways.
- Fill in the online questionnaire which is based on the discussion points in the 'Introducing the Oxfordshire Plan' consultation document
- Input comments directly to the structured document on the website. It's at the very bottom of the page. You may comment on any part of the plan (This is their preferred method of response)
- Email your comments to the Oxfordshire Plan Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2013-2019 Wantage and Grove Campaign Group