Newsletter 8 May 2019
First a reminder about our AGM. It will be held in the Wantage Methodist Hall off Newbury Street on 15 May at 7.30pm, everyone is welcome and our speaker will be Quintin Bradley, Senior Lecturer in Planning & Housing at Leeds Beckett University. Quintin is carrying out national research with groups objecting to housing development and will explain more about the project.
Secondly, congratulations to all of the newly elected Town, Parish and District Councillors. We have elected you because we think you have our best interests at heart so please show us that you will maintain and improve the infrastructure in OX12 over your term.
- You will have seen traffic lights on Charlton Road this week - they are working for the new development on East Site and could be there until 17 May.
- there could also be more traffic lights near the entrance to the Silver Band Hall on the A417 Reading Road today or tomorrow for BT works for the new development behind the Cricket Pitch and there could be traffic lights next week (15-16 May) for patching the road
- Roadworks could continue on the A417 west of East Challow until 15 May
- Reading Road (from the Lains Barn/Ardington cross roads to Rowstock roundabout) will be closed on the first weekend in June (1-2nd) from 9.30 - 15.30 (no reason given) and
- On 12 June the A417 will be closed all the way from Henley to Faringdon from 6.30 to 15.30 for the OVO Women's Cycling Tour of Britain so expect total chaos! I'm staying in bed that day!
- Hanney Road in Steventon will be closed on 10-11 June
- A338 near the Volunteer will be resurfaced starting Friday (10-16 May) but we hope that road closures will be overnight only
- I know we're all really pleased to see the back of the traffic lights on the A338 near Bellengers but they could be back for a couple of days from 28-30 May
- Naldertown will have road closures again from 28 May to 3 June
- High Street Ardington (from the Loyd Lindsay Rooms to the Grocer Chef) will be closed from 28 May until 11 June
- Wantage Market Place will be closed for the Carnival on 9th June
To see the details on a map go to Roadworks.org
Thanks for reading.
Wantage and Grove Campaign Group
Copyright © 2013-2023 Wantage and Grove Campaign Group