Newsletter 9 August 2019
There are a number of outstanding major applications which affect our area including:
- Changes to the Outline Planning applications for both Crab Hill P19/V1269/FUL and Grove Airfield P18/V2870/FUL as densities of different areas are changed;
- The detailed application for the 4th phase of Crab Hill (Phase 1b) P19/V0565/RM (just the other side of Castle's Wood from the current St Modwen building site off the A417);
- The detailed application for the 3rd phase of Grove Airfield P18/V1485/RM (120 homes to the west of the current building works);
- The application for discharge of the school brief on Grove Airfield P17/V3404/DIS (waiting for Department of Education approval);
- Lidl on Grove Road P18/V2300/RM (further documents submitted but the access is still off Grove Road between Woolage Drive and the pedestrian crossing);
- The expansion of Elm Farm Business Park P18/V2025/RM
- The Leisure Centre on Mably Way P18/V0760/RM (on "ice" until the District Council works out if it has any money);
- The Monks Farm (final phase) application for 220 homes behind Williams F1 P19/V1420/O, and
- The previous phase of Monks Farm P16/V0981/O for up to 400 dwellings including some land to expand the existing primary school. This was recommended for approval in July 2018 but still not agreed.
For details on any major development please go to our Current Developments Page.
Most of the District Councils in Oxfordshire have recently stated their objections to the Oxford-Cambridge Expressway. We are also worried about the impact it will have on the A34. We have written to Ed Vaizey asking him to intervene on our behalf. See our Oxford-Cambridge Arc Page for details.
Now road news:
- Ickleton Road is closed today - where the traffic lights have been between Ham Road and Priory Road but the traffic lights should be removed today until 14 August when the road will be closed again until 30 August
- The road closure on Hyde Road - west of West Hanney should also finish today
- BT are removing the telephone kiosk from A338 Grove Road near the end of Harcourt Way over the next few days so could affect traffic flow
- The works on A338 Station Road continue but there shouldn't be traffic lights until 24 August but they should be there for 5 weeks after that - when the children are back at school
- A417 near Featherbed Lane will have two way signals from 12-14 August
- A417 near West Hendred will have two way signals from 13-15 August
- A417 Challow Road outside KA West site could be closed on 17-18 August
- A417 Denchworth Road near the end of Barwell will have some roadworks from 19-23 August
- Ham Road will be closed from 30 August until 10 September
- Buckland Road from Charney Bassett to Gainfield will be closed from 24 August to 6 September
If you want to look at road news yourself then go to www.roadworks.org
Thanks for reading.
Wantage and Grove Campaign Group
Copyright © 2013-2023 Wantage and Grove Campaign Group