Newsletter 12 June 2019
This will be a short update because there isn't much planning news. Even the District Council Planning Meeting next week is cancelled. Many applications remain outstanding including:
- Changes to the Outline Planning applications for both Crab Hill and Grove Airfield as densities of different areas are changed
- The detailed application for the 4th phase of Crab Hill (just the other side of Castle's Wood from the current St Modwen building site off the A417)
- The detailed application for the 3rd phase of Grove Airfield
- Lidl on Grove Road
- The expansion of Elm Farm Business Park
- The Leisure Centre on Mably Way, and
- The Monks Farm detailed application for 400 homes north of Grove CE School.
The Cycle Race flew through Wantage today without mishap - the mishap had already taken place near Didcot apparently when some riders received cuts and bruises. The French Market is in Wantage Market Place on Friday 14 June, and on 16 June the west end of Wantage Marketplace (the bit nearest to the Parish Church) will be closed for street cafe, bars, music and art displays as part of the Wantage Arts Festival.
Now road news:
- You might have seen the Water Board signs in Grove about works starting 24 June, before then there will be mini-patching work at the Station Road/ Main Street traffic lights from 13-18 June, then from 24th there will be priority boards near Bellingers on the A338 again until 1 July then traffic lights for a week until 7 July
- There will be work tomorrow at Grove Road/Harcourt Road traffic lights while they replace the damaged signal pole.
- There will be multi-way traffic lights at the Lord Nelson at the end of Charlton Road from 17-19 June for BT works
- More traffic lights on the Denchworth Road just north of the Convent entrance from 17th - 28th June
- More traffic lights in East Hendred on the A417 from 22-24 June at the end of White Road - the works should be in the footpath so I don't know how much trouble it will cause.
- Oxford Eastern Bypass from Headington to the Cowley Roundabout could be closed southbound from 9-17 June so expect delays around Oxford
- Charney Road (from Charney Bassett to the A420 is likely to be closed until 4 August) for Thames Water
- The A415 between Culham and Clifton Hampden will be closed until 15 June
- Also the A415 from Kingston Bagpuize to Standlake will be closed from 21-23 June
- There will be road works on the A4130 from Milton Hill to Milton Farm (through the Milton interchange) from 17 June so be prepared.
If you want to look at road news yourself then go to www.roadworks.org
Thanks for reading.
Wantage and Grove Campaign Group
Copyright © 2013-2020 Wantage and Grove Campaign Group